Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 February 2012

..a good day for mosaics!

You have to mark really good days, don't you?! - and this is one for Just Mosaics!  So, why not share it with my blogging companions?

Firstly, I have delivered my latest commission to my Cornish client.  She really was over the moon with it - a view of Loe Beach Cafe, Feock, Nr. Truro, Cornwall.  I so enjoyed making it - three layers, three different thicknesses to give it a real 3D feel, and different widths of tiles to add to the effect.  It took a bit of working out, like all good things, rather like a jigsaw puzzle, but Im chuffed with the result, even more so, now she is!  There is always a fair amount artist's angst at the handover!
A mosaic of Loe Beach Cafe

Secondly, I sold my driftwood surfer today, to be given as a surprise present to, you've guessed it, a fanatical surfer - hope I have got the lines right!
 Mosaic driftwood surfer

I have also supplied the actual cafe at Loe Beach with some mosaics to put up and sell over the summer - including these Alfred Wallis inspired boats. Find Loe Beach Cafe on Facebook.
Mosaic cornish boat and lighthouse
Mosaic cornish boats


Then, I heard today from UK Handmade that I have been chosen to exhibit my mosaics in their Spring showcase, which is a brilliant way of getting your work out there - on a fab and much visited site.  Im not sure which piece  they have chosen, but think it could be this one, don't you?!

Mosaic blossoming spring flowers

And.. (yes, there's more).. I have been  shortlisted for the Handmade in Britain London Exhibition in the OXO Tower in May - 30 designers/makers are chosen from around Great Britain to showcase their work, sell to the public and get seen by anybody and everybody in the design world!  I should know definitely about that one next week - will share the news on Twitter -@justmosaics  I'm really pleased even to be shortlisted, and am encouraged to see that the organisers feel mosaics could have a place in their exhibition.  Fingers crossed!


And finally, I have five more brand new followers on Twitter today - I never take that for granted, and it always gives me a buzz - so thanks for following!

Phew - it's been quite a day! They don't come along very often so I hope you don't mind me blogging my own trumpet a bit !

Felicity


No comments:

Post a Comment