Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 January 2015

Mosaic flowers blooming in my studio!

Welcome to my weekly blog!

It's been all about mosaic flowers in my studio this week.  I am deep into a commission for the Jane Reeves Gallery - https://www.facebook.com/janereevesgallery.co.uk?fref=ts - which will be opening in Padstow, Cornwall in February.

I was asked to make eight big (30cm x 20cm) spring flower mosaics, some of which I had already designed and made, and some will be exclusive to the gallery - these four are finished!

Which flower mosaic is your favourite ...?

I did a little poll on my Facebook page - www.facebook.com/justmosaics.co.uk - to see which one my followers liked best.  I had an amazing response which was very heartening. The snowdrops came out on top, but it made me realise how varied, and a bit unpredictable people's tastes are.  That's rather refreshing, don't you think?  As an artist, I certainly don't want to get stuck in a rut, and this spurs me on to keep creating new mosaics.

Next week, I will be making three completely new ones, and a slightly different take on my sunflower mosaic, which I am very excited about.  It's a challenge, and strangely tiring, but amazing to create something original.  I worry about a lot of things, but I don't worry about the creative side of my work - I just seem to know what to do, which still feels incredible to me, and I am very grateful for it.

Also, I am running a mosaic flower workshop on 28th Feb 2015 here in my studio in Bristol.  That's an amazing privilege too, as people delight in getting into that creative zone.  They find themselves relaxing, forgetting, and creating something they never thought they could.  Have a look at this short film below - I still have a few places left ...


I hope you are all keeping warm and safe in this unpredictable weather, blogger friends.  I love to hear from you as always, and look forward to catching up again next week.

Felicity x

2 comments:

  1. I love all the Spring flower mosaics and look forwards to seeing your new ones next week!

    ReplyDelete