Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 October 2015

My Narnia story mosaic is finished!

Dear all, 

In my last blog, I told you about the Narnia story mosaic I was making.  It certainly was a challenge, and unlike anything I had ever made before - always good to push the boundaries!

Well, during the last few days, I finished it.  Once the snipping was done, the grouting began!  I use ordinary exterior white grout, with a brown tint, which really brings out the colours.  It is a long process of grouting, wiping, regrouting, filling in holes, wiping, grouting .... you get the picture!

As this is a mosaic for a garden,  I then paint the sides and back of the cement board with a neutral colour exterior paint, and seal the front with a waterproofing spray for tile and grout.  No way any moisture can get in!

And so, here is the finished mosaic - what do you think?  Do leave me a comment - it is lovely to hear from you, and I always reply :-)


Many thanks for reading,
Felicity x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog, the mosaic is lovely, but could you let me know what waterproofing spray you used and if it is suitable for unglazed porcelain.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment - I use a tile and grout sealant spray on all my mosaics - which I buy from our local DIY shop. Fx

      Delete